Fare Share Activism Project Results

Courtesy of Lead4Change

Lead4Change announced the winners of their Take A STAND Student Activism Project

Menchville’s Lead4Change team “Fare Share” concluded their Take A STAND Student Activism project and has officially announced their winners.

The following students received the most votes on their submissions and were declared winners:

Grace Moore from Yates Elementary School for her submission on American Freedom.

Ceyan Higgs from Gildersleeve Middle School for his “Silence Empowers Violence” lyrical video.

Kaitlyn Cooper from Warwick High School for her written submission advocating for “Silence Empowers Violence.”

In addition to the donations made directly to the students’ chosen organizations by viewers and voters, a $100 donation will be made by Fare Share to each of the winners’ selected organizations.

In a post on Menchville’s Facebook page, Fare Share congratulated the winners and gave thanks to those who participated and donated, saying “thank you to all students across Newport News Public Schools who submitted an advocacy project and thanks to everyone who viewed the project, voted, and made a donation to one of the many promoted organizations!”

Although voting has closed, the presentation with the students’ submissions may still be viewed Although voting has closed, the presentation with the students’ submissions may still be viewed here.