Menchville’s Got Talent is a success

Twenty Menchville students participated in the fifth annual Menchville’s Got Talent on Wednesday, March 27. The variety of acts, including singing, dancing, and magic tricks, had the crowd cheering for more. Activities director/math instructor Kyle Lumsden surprised the audience with an unexpected piece of performance art, where he sang the song “Parabola” by Tool, an American Rock Band.

Three winners were chosen by the audience after being narrowed down to 5 finalists by judges. In third place was Sophomore Maxwell LeVan, who performed card tricks. In second place was the band Manic Fusion, who also performed in Menchville Rocks. Finally, in first place was Sophomore Desiree Harrington with her reenactment of a dance routine from the movie Napoleon Dynamite. The People’s Choice Award was awarded to Sophomore Trevin Rounds, who sang “All of Me” by John Legend. Winners won monetary prizes depending on their placing in the show. LeVan won $15 for placing third, Manic Fusion won $30 for placing second, and Harrington won $50 for placing third. Rounds was awarded $50 for winning the People’s Choice Award.

The proceeds from the talent show, $600, will go to benefit Menchville’s project for the Youth Volunteer Corps’ Canstruction event, taking place in April.