Last Chance to see the 2019 Menchville Choirs

The Menchville Choral department has received recognition and praise every year for their excellence, and the 2018-2019 school year was no exception. The school year is coming to a close and the choral groups are working hard and preparing to give their last performances. Thursday, May 16, is the last chance to see this year’s Choral Department groups perform.  The concert begins at 7:00 pm in the Menchville Auditorium.

The show choir (M)Pulse attended four competitions this season as well as hosting their fund-raising competition at Menchville.  The Clash of Choirs was attended by 12 other show choirs from around the state.

Ryan Schoenberg, a senior, has been a member of (M)Pulse all four years.  He said, “This was a tough competition year, but in general we maintained a good competition spirit.  The competition in Virginia was really intense.”  Schoenberg said in his freshman year there were a lot of seniors – self-motivated, old generation students who built the show choir with director Jennifer Jarret.  Things changed his sophomore year as a new students came into the choir.  “We had to learn how to deal with a new generation.”  He continued “but overall, (M)Pulse has been a wonderful family; I enjoyed all of it”

Senior Moriah Ryder has performed with the Advanced Women’s Ensemble for four years.  Ryder credits Ms. Jarrett with helping her develop her voice.  Even though she’s graduating she hopes to come back and help out with events and concerts.

The Combined Choir is performing, “Candle on the Water” arranged Ed Lojeski, and “You will be Found” arranged by Mac Huff, and Women’s Ensemble is performing, “I Believe in the Sun” arranged by Thomas Juneau and “Songs of a Disney Hero,” alongside Bella Voce, arranged by Alan Billingsley. Bella Voce is also performing “Dark and Stormy Night” arranged by Mark Burrows. Fermata No Where is performing, “Wherever Fortune Calls Me” arranged by Douglas E. Wagner, and “The Musical World of Walt Disney,” alongside Jolies Voix, arranged by Mac Huff. Jolies Voix is going to perform, “For Good” in addition to “The Musical World of Walt Disney,” and (M)Pulse will perform, “Grease: A New Broadway Medley” arranged by Mark Brymer.