Giving Menchville High School and the surrounding community a voice

The Perfect Guy Movie Review

September 30, 2015

The Perfect Guy was released September 11,2015. This movie, while awfully bone chilling, also gave the audience a sense of comedy and happiness. Like any movie, there were bad reviews and good reviews. I felt that this movie had excellent actors but didn’t strive for anything out of the ordinary.

After a sad break-up with her long time boyfriend, Leah Vaughn (Sanaa Lathan) gets heavily involved with Carter Duncan (Michael Ealy), who seems far too good, its almost unrealistic. He is the perfect guy. Carter brings flowers, says ‘I love you’, carries on like a true gentleman, and is even good with her parents. If you’ve seen the trailer, you know that his role will change drastically later on in this film. Michael Ealy turns into the crazy ex-boyfriend, stalking her, constantly calling her, and a doing a few other crazy things that shall be unnamed. Sanaa Lathan contributes just as well as her co-star. She also switches up. She has to play a woman in love, heartbroken, scared one minute and tough the next. The actors were great at giving off the right emotions and clearly knew what they doing. Hats off to them.

Although the acting in this movie was up to par, I can’t help but think that the story line was too cliché. We’ve all seen or heard of a psycho ex-boyfriend movie and the outcome is nearly always the same. Sure enough, throughout this film, you’re able to guess what is bound to happen before it does.

All in all, “the Perfect Guy” was a great movie. Although the plot could’ve been more unique, it gave me chills and even made me laugh.

About the Contributor
Photo of Asia Moses
Asia Moses, Staff Writer

Committed to graduate in 2018, Asia Moses has already fallen in love with Menchville. She enjoys reading and, of course, listening to music. Asia is very...

The Lion's Roar • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Lion's Roar Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *