Menchville High School Forensics Team Goes To Regionals

Emma Janney at the Regional Forensics competition at Douglas Freeman High School.  This is her first year on the Menchville Forensics Team.

photo courtesy of Jessica Janney

Emma Janney at the Regional Forensics competition at Douglas Freeman High School. This is her first year on the Menchville Forensics Team.

The Menchville High School Forensics Team went to the Regional Tournament in Richmond, Virginia at Douglas Freeman High School on February 25, 2017.

Sophomore Emma Janney represented Menchville in the Prose category of the competition. She says that the competition was “much stiffer than at conference, and I was very nervous about competing.” Janney competed with a piece compiled of excerpts from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. The sophomore did not place in the tournament, but was “proud” to represent Menchville.

The season for the Forensics Team is over, but will restart next school year. Janney says that she is sad the season is over, but is happy that she can improve for next year.

Forensics Team Coach, government teacher, Arram Dreyer says that students should join forensics because “not only does it looks good on a college application, but it also provides students with the ability to speak fluently in front of a crowd.”