Class Officer and SCA Election Results

back row left to right: David Ellington, Nora Correiro, Skylar Rawls, Madison Silcox, Laura Beier, Natalie Kahn, Atiana Williams
front row left to right: Avery Atkins, Leann Vo, Emmy Ceneame, Sophie Adkins

back row left to right: David Ellington, Nora Correiro, Skylar Rawls, Madison Silcox, Laura Beier, Natalie Kahn, Atiana Williams front row left to right: Avery Atkins, Leann Vo, Emmy Ceneame, Sophie Adkins

The votes are in! The class officer and SCA elections took place October 10th through the 12th, with the results announced at the end of the last day. All the winners are posted below.

SCA 

President: Ann Chappell Ellington

Vice President: Avery Atkins

Secretary: Madison Silcox

Social Media: Olivia Toms

Volunteer Coordinator: Leann Vo

Senior Class

President: Skylar Rawls

Vice President: Nora Correiro

Secretary: Sophie Adkins

Social Media: Jordyn Donaldson

Junior 

President: Atiana Williams

Vice President: Natalie Kahn

Secretary: Leah Louk

Social Media: Kayden Kirsch

Historian: Laura Beier

Sophomore Class

President: Emmy Ceneame

Vice President: Jalissa Winfield

Secretary: Saniya Rowland

Freshman Class

President: David Ellington

Vice President: Gabriella Carter

Secretary: Xavier Bergerson

Social Media: Sydney Sessions

After speaking with the respective President of each class, Menchville is in good hands. 

Skylar Rawls, Class of 22, said that she is “looking forward to helping with Prom, especially after missing Homecoming two years in a row,” and also planning other community service projects. Rawls was Junior Vice President last year but was unable to work closely with the executive board due to the pandemic. However, this year she is thankful for the “opportunity to serve as a representative and voice of the Class of 2022.” 

The Junior Class President is Atiana Williams. Her campaign’s mission was to “create a more enthusiastic atmosphere for [her] class.” She is looking forward to hopefully planning a ring dance and “[having] more freedom to plan inclusive activities” later in the year. In her closing remarks, Williams expressed excitement in working on the junior class executive board, referring to them as a “great team” and “determined to do well.”

The sophomore class has elected Emmy Ceneame as President. She was motivated to make the “Class of 2024 heard” and “[make] the school a better place.” Since sophomores don’t have a dance to plan, Ceneame is committed to getting involved in charity work and “supporting those in need.” 

Finally, the freshmen selected David Ellington as their leader. He is ecstatic to “take part in discussions that enact change” this year. Although typical homecoming traditions had to be compromised, he is hopeful that in the spring more events can take place. He is one of the only boys serving in a position on the executive board. Ellington said that it was humbling to see the patriarchal roles reversed and he “encourages more boys to get involved in student leadership roles.”

Across all classes, the candidates used social media as their main form of campaigning. The transition into the digital space rather than traditional posters has proven to be effective. They felt that their elections were extremely competitive and they were anxious to hear the final results. Rawls mentioned she had to run against her friends and Ellington said that he was on the edge of his seat all week. When asked if they would run for reelection, all the underclassmen confirmed that they would be eager. 

This group of presidents seem very enthusiastic to be a part of their executive boards; it was apparent in their interview answers. They are determined to make the best out of what they are given and are gracious to have been chosen to represent their classes.