Menchville’s Got Talent

The Class of 2019’s Lead2Feed Service Project

Aaron Hodges, Trevor Goodwin, Sam Cornette, and Brian Washington advancing to the Top 4.

On Wednesday, March 30th, Menchvilles’ Freshmen class hosted  “Menchville’s Got Talent.” The talent show was a service project for the class of 2019’s contribution to the Lead2Feed program. Talents featured included rapping, singing, instrumental soloists and groups.  After the first round of performances, judges pick their top four favorite acts, then the audience decided the winner and runner-up. Freshman Sam Cornette performed a blues inspired guitar ensemble, and was advanced into the final four. “Playing on stage was just a really euphoric experience,” he commented.

Sam Cornette, Trevor Goodwin, Aaron Hodges, and Brian Washington were the four acts advanced to the final rounds after their preliminary performances. They quickly condensed and recapped their acts in an attempt to wow the audience one last time. An “applause-o-meter” was then used to decide the winner based on audience reaction. With resounding applause, the audience chose Sophomore Brian Washington as the winner of the show, and Junior Aaron Hodges as the runner up. Washington was awarded a $30 Visa gift card, Hodges recieved a $15 one.

“It was a really stressful experience, the stage lights were hot, but winning was an exhilarating surprise. I really didn’t think I’d win, the other acts were just so great, especially Aaron,” remarked Washington.

Hodges also commented, “The show was a pretty good experience. I got to jam with Jazz in Progress as a band, and show off my piano skills. I hope to do it again next year.”

The fundraiser itself helped raise over $700 for the Peninsula Food-Bank. Mrs. Nuckols, the leader of the Freshmen classes Lead2Feed group, said, “the show went pretty well, we were able to raise a good amount of money for the food bank which was the ultimate goal.”

Soloist Brian Washington singing "Someone Like You" by Adele
Lea Sellers
Soloist Brian Washington singing “Someone Like You” by Adele
Soloist Miranda Russnow singing
Lea Sellers
Soloist Miranda Russnow singing
Quartet Josh Jones, Casey Morewitz, Donovan Robinson, and pianist Rose Rizzi.
Lea Sellers
Soloist Noah Nipp playing "Blues no.1"
Lea Sellers
Soloist Noah Nipp playing “Blues no.1”
 Soloist Shakayla Reed singing
Lea Sellers
Soloist Shakayla Reed singing
Soloist Grace Neff singing
Soloist Grace Neff singing
Soloist Jazmein Singleton singing
Lea Sellers
Soloist Jazmein Singleton singing
Soloist Elijah Saleem rapping.
Lea Sellers
Soloist Elijah Saleem rapping.
Singing duo "Kay & Quay"
Lea Sellers
Singing duo “Kay & Quay”
IMG_6868-2
English teacher Christina Majewicz singing during Intermission
IMG_6893-2
Aaron Hodges, Trevor Goodwin, Sam Cornette, and Brian Washington advancing to the top 4.
IMG_6894-2
Math teacher Kyle Lumsden and World Language teacher Alice Shepley singing during intermission.
IMG_6895-2
Soloist Sam Cornette playing guitar
IMG_6897-3
Soloist Kylee Baines playing guitar and singing.